How emotions are made : the secret life of the brain /
"A new theory of how the brain constructs emotions that could revolutionize psychology, health care, law enforcement, and our understanding of the human mind. Emotions feel automatic, like uncontrollable reactions to things we think and experience. Scientists have long supported this assumption...
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt,
- The two-thousand-year-old assumption
- The search for emotion's "fingerprints"
- Emotions are constructed
- The myth of universal emotions
- The origin of feeling
- Concepts, goals, and words
- How the brain makes emotions
- Emotions as social reality
- A new view of human nature
- Mastering your emotions
- Emotion and illness
- Emotion and the law
- Is a growling dog angry?
- From brain to mind : the new frontier
- Appendix A. Brain basics
- Appendix B. Supplement for chapter 2
- Appendix C. Supplement for chapter 3
- Appendix D. Evidence for the concept cascade.