Public policymaking by private organizations : challenges to democratic governance /
"How private groups increasingly set public policy and regulate lives-with little public knowledge or attention. From accrediting doctors and lawyers to setting industry and professional standards, private groups establish many of the public policies in today's advanced societies. Yet this...
|Main Authors:||, ,|
Washington, D.C. :
Brookings Institution Press,
- What is private governance
- Private policymaking: origins, growth, and scope
- How to access private governance
- Private governance in finance
- Private governance in food safety and quality
- Private governance in the professions and higher education accreditation
- Conclusion: what to make of private governance?