Paprika, foie gras, and red mud : the politics of materiality in the European union /
In this original and provocative study, Zsuzsa Gille examines three scandals that have shaken Hungary since it joined the European Union: the 2004 ban on paprika due to contamination, the 2008 boycott of Hungarian foie gras by animal rights activists, and the red mud spill of industrial waste in 201...
Indiana University Press,
|Series:||Global research studies.
- Introduction: Hungary and the EU in the political and scholarly imagination
- 1. The 2004 Hungarian paprika ban
- 2. The 2008 foie gras boycott
- 3. The 2010 red mud spill
- 4. Neoliberalism, molecularization, and the shift to governance
- Conclusion: the materializaiton of politics.