The American century : art & culture, 1950-2000 /
"The second half of the twentieth century has been a time of rapid change and accelerated cycles of creativity. In this volume, Lisa Phillips keeps pace with the dizzying energy of these decades by focusing on the avant-garde - the artists who propelled American art after World War II and who c...
New York :
Whitney Museum of American Art in association with W.W. Norton,
- Foreword / Maxwell L. Anderson
- The American Century: Art & Culture 1950-2000 / Lisa Phillips
- America Takes Command: 1950-1960
- Redefining the American Dream: 1950-1960
- New Frontiers: 1960-1967
- America at the Crossroads: 1964-1976
- Restoration and Reaction: 1976-1990
- Approaching the Millennium: 1990-2000.