Animals in our lives : human-animal interaction in family, community, and therapeutic settings /
What do we know about the benefits of human-animal interaction (HAI)- and what future research needs to be done to ensure high-quality, evidence-based practices? This book is an essential research volume for anyone interested in the impact of animal therapies and interaction on child health and deve...
Paul H. Brooke,
- Historical and cultural perspectives on human-pet interactions / James A. Serpell
- Community benefits of human-animal interactions, the ripple effect / Lisa Jane Wood
- Animals and child health and development / Alan M. Beck
- Public health implications of pets : our own animals and those of others / Lynne Haverkos ... [et al.]
- Parents as armchair ethologists : decreasing the risks of child-dog interactions / Patricia B. McConnell
- Therapeutic human-animal interaction : an overview / Peggy McCardle... [et al.]
- Animals in the classroom / Nancy R. Gee
- Animal-assisted interventions in child psychiatry / Anke Prothmann and Aubrey H. Fine
- Equine-assisted activities and therapy for individuals with physical and developmental disabilities : an overview of research findings and the types of research currently being conducted / Lisa S. Freund, Octavia J. Brown, and Preston R. Buff
- The roles that animals can play with individuals with autism / Temple Grandin
- Research meets practice : issues for evidence-based training in human-animal interaction / Kate Trujillo, Phil Tedeschi, and James Herbert Williams
- Challenges to human-animal interaction research : methodological issues and barriers to sustainability / Roland J. Thorpe, Jr., James A. Serpell, and Stephen J. Suomi
- Scientific research on human-animal interaction : a framework for future studies / James A. Griffin ... [et al.].