Equine-assisted therapy and learning with at-risk young people /
The health benefits of interaction with horses for people experiencing mental health and other conditions is fast gaining recognition all over the world. This book explores the experiences of seven 'at-risk' young people who participated in a research study based at a unique therapeutic ho...
New York :
- Background to equine-assisted therapy and learning
- Young people considered 'at-risk', and overview of 'the yard' and methods used
- Development of self-confidence and self-efficacy, and the opening up of 'positive experiences' and 'positive opportunities' through therapeutic horsemanship
- Developing attachments, empathy and trust through relationships with horses
- The horse, the therapeutic relationship and other psychotherapeutic insights
- Horses, mindfulness and the natural environment.