Performing proximity : curious intimacies /
"How does proximity between audiences and performers change the nature of live performance? How does it feel? How long can it last? How close is too close? Exploring the rise of close encounter, immersive productions that shine a light on performer-audience relationships, this book considers th...
Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire ; New York :
Table of Contents:
- 1. Introduction
- PART ONE: PROXIMITY AND PERFORMANCE
- 2. Interior I : On the Scent
- 3. Interior II: the moment I saw you I knew I could love you
- 4. Landscape I: Out of Water
- 5. Landscape II: Lost and Found
- PART TWO: PROXIMITY AND PROCESS
- 6. In the Lab and Incognito: Research in Profile
- 7. In the Studio: a Case Study in Performance Making Methods
- 8. In Situ: Extended Conversations
- 9. Before You Go..