The depths : the evolutionary origins of the depression epidemic /
"Why are we losing the fight against depression? In this groundbreaking work, psychologist Jonathan Rottenberg explains that despite advances in pharmaceutical science, progress has been hampered by our fundamental misunderstanding of depression as a psychological or chemical defect. Instead, R...
New York :
Basic Books, A Member of the Perseus Books Group,
Table of Contents:
- Why we need a new approach to depression
- Where the depths begin
- What other species tell us about depression
- The bell tolls: death as a universal trigger
- The seedbed of low mood
- The slide
- The black hole: the psychobiology of deep depression
- An up and down thing: improvement in depression
- In limbo
- The glory of recovery.