U.S. Marines in Iraq, 2003 : combat service support during Operation Iraqi Freedom /
"The story of combat service support during Operation Iraqi Freedom-I is one that could have been easily overlooked by history, except what would have been lost is more than a simple tale of Marines performing exceptionally during a time of war. Lost would have been a recollection of historical...
|Format:||Government Document Book|
Washington, D.C. :
U.S. Marine Corps, History Division,
|Series:||U.S. Marines in the Global War on Terrorism.
Table of Contents:
- Setting the stage for war
- Arrival in theater
- Opening days of the war (17-22 March 2003)
- Battling for An-Nasiriyah and beyond (23-26 March 2003)
- Northern support areas (27 March-3 April 2003)
- Taking Baghdad and Tikrit (4-22 April 2003)
- Security and stabilization operations
- The special purpose MAGTF
- Appendix A: Chronology of significant events
- Appendix B: Command and staff list
- Appendix C: Unit list
- Appendix D: Glossary of terms and abbreviations
- Appendix E: Presidential unit citation
- Appendix F: Navy unit commendation.