Taking stock of professional development schools : what's needed now /
The past 20 years of PDS experimentation and implementation have accumulated a great wealth of stock, as evidenced by a great effort toward collaboration and commitment for school-university partnerships that support high-quality and intensive clinical preparation of teachers. Hence, our Yearbook au...
New York :
Teachers College, Columbia University,
|Series:||Yearbook of the National Society for the Study of Education ;
110th, pt. 2. |
- Introduction / Jane E. Neapolitan
- Purpose and vision of professional development schools / Alison Rutter
- Approaches to professional development schools / Jane E. Neapolitan and Marsha Levine
- Response to section I: What's needed now / Kenneth R. Howey
- Impact of professional development school preparation on teacher candidates / Sharon Castle and kathleen A. Reilly
- Impact on professional development / Jim Nolan Jr., et. al.
- Professional development schools and student learning and achievement / Pia Lindquist Wong and Ronald David Glass
- Response to section II: What's needed now: Professional development schools and the professionalization of teaching / A. Lin Goodwin
- Self assessment, program evaluation, and renewal / Bernard Badiali
- Action research as primary vehicle for inquiry in the professional development school / Jeanne L. Tunks
- Response to section III: What's needed now / Lina A. Catelli
- Universities, schools, and communities: a new generation of professional development school roles, structures, and governance / Carole G. Basile and Cindy Gutierrez
- What do we know about accountability and resources in professional development schools? / Diane Yendol-Hoppey and Jason Jude Smith
- Response to section IV: What's needed now: issues of professional development school accountability and sustainability in today's complex educational environment / Donna L. Wiseman
- Afterword / Lee Teitel.