Malpractice in psychology : a practical resource for clinicians /
"Many mental health practitioners fear malpractice suits. Besides obtaining the appropriate insurance, clinicians should understand the risks of lawsuits and implement risk management strategies to avoid unfounded malpractice claims and decrease the likelihood of being sued successfully. With c...
Washington, DC :
American Psychological Association,
- Tort liability basics
- Negligence in professional practice
- The professional relationship and consent
- Confidentiality and privacy
- Negligent diagnosis and treatment
- Violence and threats of violence
- Other areas of liability in practice
- The trial process and privileges
- Risk management strategies and "closing arguments".