No more heroes : narrative perspective and morality in Cormac McCarthy /
Baton Rouge :
Louisiana State University Press,
|Series:||Southern literary studies.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: narrative perspective and morality in McCarthy's novels
- "Word and flesh": narrative and morality in the early Appalachian novels
- "A dream of shriving": empathy and the aesthetics of confession in Suttree and Blood meridian
- "Pledged in blood": linguistic interiority and redemption in the border trilogy
- "He's a psychopathic killer but so what?": moral storytelling in No country for old men
- "There is no god and we are his prophets": heroism and prophetic narrative in The road
- Conclusion: finding heroism through empathy in McCarthy's novels.