Simulation in nursing education : from conceptualization to evaluation /
Simulation in some form has probably been used as a teaching strategy in nursing education since the first nurse tried to teach the first nursing student how to do a task properly. As our understanding of teaching and learning progressed, so did the simulations that were used. This book, the first o...
New York, N.Y. :
National League for Nursing,
Table of Contents:
- Using simulation in nursing education / Marcella T. Hovancsek
- Simulations : education and ethics / Sharon Decker
- Theoretical framework for simulation design / Pamela R. Jeffries, Kristen J. Rogers
- Designing simulations for nursing education / Janis C. Childs, Susan B. Sepples, & Sharon Decker
- Practical suggestions for implementing simulations / Melissa Horn & Nina Carter
- Integrating guided reflection into simulated learning experiences / Sharon Decker
- Evaluating simulations / Pamela R. Jeffries & Kristen J. Rogers
- Setting up a simulation laboratory / Debra L. Spunt
- Using collaboration to enhance the effectiveness of simulated learning in nursing education / Reba Moyer Childress, Pamela R. Jeffries, & Dr Cheryl Feken Dixon
- Summary and future considerations / Mary Anne Rizzolo, Kristy Chambers, & Ruth Politi
- Final report of the NLN/Laerdal simulation study.