Rewilding the world : dispatches from the conservation revolution /
Fraser offers the first definitive account about rewilding--a visionary campaign to confront the looming extinction of thousands of species by restoring habitats, reviving migration corridors, and brokering peace between people and predators. Traveling with wildlife biologists and conservationists,...
New York, N.Y. :
- The Predicta Moth
- Pt. 1: Cores, corridors, and carnivores. Rewilding North America: Pluie
- The trouble with islands
- Rewilding in the real world
- "A corridor in people's minds"
- The problem with predators: The green fire
- "Buy more cats"
- Corridors in Central and South America: Categories for concern
- The path of the panther
- Fragments of Brazil
- Reconnecting in the Old World: The European green belt
- A problem bear
- The rebirth of the Neusiedler See
- Reclaiming Romania
- The accidental corridor
- Pt. 2: An African without fences. Peace parks and paper parks: Corridors with leverage
- From penitent butchers to paper parks
- "An Africa without fences"
- The great Limpopo: The elephant problem
- The people problem
- The Giriyondo Gate
- The view from Cape Town
- The Lumbombo transfrontier: Tembe
- Breakthrough at Ndumo
- Looking for KAZA: "It looks great on paper"
- Night shift to Namibia
- The demon croc
- "The elephants are going home"
- Pt. 3: Community conservation: "very tricky." The conservancy moment: Namibia's experiment
- Kenya and "the government's cattle"
- The cattle ranch that became a conservancy
- In the northern rangelands
- The tiger moving game: Royal rhinos and community forests
- The people's war
- Goats, guns, people
- Looking for tigers at Tiger Tops
- The cautionary tale of Corcovado
- Pt. 4: Sustainable conservation. Resurrection ecology: From Curtis Prairie to fresh kills
- Shifting baselines and Pleistocene rewilding
- Costa Rica's thousand-year vision: Large-scale and long-term
- The parataxonomists
- Regrowing Australia: Extreme extinction
- A million acres a year
- The puzzle
- Living in the link
- Conclusion: Only connect.