On thin ice : the changing world of the polar bear /
A profile of the habitat and life cycle of the polar bear covers the species' venerated position in Inuit culture, its reproductive habits, and the environmental factors that are compromising its ability to survive.
New York :
|Edition:||1st Vintage Books ed.|
- Europeans "discover" the polar bear (and the bear discovers them)
- The great ice bear
- Polar bear nations
- The Eskimo and the polar bear
- Hunting the hunter
- In the zoo and the circus
- On the whiteness of the bear
- Global warming and the bear
- Is the polar bear doomed?
- Updates to the text.