Spain, Europe & the wider world, 1500-1800 /
New Haven [Conn.] ; London :
Yale University Press,
Europe > History > 1492-1648.
Europe > History > 1648-1789.
Table of Contents:
- A Europe of composite monarchies
- Learning from the enemy : early modern Britain and Spain
- The general crisis in retrospect : a debate without end
- A non-revolutionary society : Castile in the 1640's
- Europe after the Peace of Westphalia
- The seizure of overseas territories by the European powers
- Illusion and disillusionment : Spain and the Indies
- Britain and Spain in America : colonists and colonised
- King and patria in the Hispanic world
- The same world, different worlds
- Starting afresh? : the eclipse of empire in British and Spanish America
- El Greco's Mediterranean : the encounter of civilisations
- Court society in seventeenth-century Europe : Madrid, Brussels, London
- Appearance and reality in the Spain of Velázquez.