Putting everyday life on the page : inspiring students to write, grades 2-7 /
Thousand Oaks, Calif. :
Table of Contents:
- Beginnings: Getting the audience to pay attention
- Sequential thinking: teaching students to think logically and make story sense
- Observation, description, and colorful language: Encouraging sensitivity to detail and observational intelligence
- Finding and using characters: Using what you know to create memorable characters
- Finding and using place: Discussing the role of place in writing
- Motivating students: Writing across disciplines, genres, classroom boundaries, and into the world!
- Grammatical convention: Teaching the grammar basics of paragraphs, sentences, commas, and periods
- Encouraging a culture of writing in your classroom: Creating a writer's studio and salon
- Endings: Putting a period on a story means more than a period!