Minimum wages /
Minimum wages exist in more than one hundred countries, both industrialized and developing. The United States passed a federal minimum wage law in 1938 and has increased the minimum wage and its coverage at irregular intervals ever since; in addition, as of the beginning of 2008, thirty-two states a...
Cambridge, Mass. :
- The history of the minimum wage in the United States
- The effects of minimum wages on employment
- Minimum wage effects on the distribution of wages and earnings
- The effects of minimum wages on the distribution of incomes
- The effects of minimum wages on skills
- The effects of minimum wages on prices and profits
- The political economy of minimum wages
- Summary and conclusions.