The art of Mantua : power and patronage in the Renaissance /
Los Angeles :
J. Paul Getty Museum,
Art, Italian > Italy > Mantua.
Table of Contents:
- The city from its origins to the medieval period
- From the international Gothic to humanism : art and culture in the fifteenth century
- Isabella d'Este and the culture of the 'studiolo'
- Giulio Romano at the court of Federico Gonzaga
- Art and artists in the time of Cardinal Ercole and Duke Guglielmo Gonzaga
- The creation of a myth : the patronage and collection of Duke Vincenzo Gonzaga
- Ferdinando Gonzaga : an intellectual duke
- Mantua from the crisis of 1627-30 to the end of the dynasty in 1708.