Health communication : from theory to practice /
San Francisco :
Table of Contents:
- What is health communication?
- Current health communication theories and issues
- Cultural, gender, ethnic, religious, and geographical influences on conceptions of health and illness
- Interpersonal communications
- Public relations and public advocacy
- Community mobilization
- Professional medical communications
- Constituency relations in health communication
- Overview of the health communication planning process
- Situation analysis and audience profile
- Identifying program objectives and strategies
- Developing tactical and evaluation plans
- Implementing, monitoring, and evaluating a health communication program.