Indians in unexpected places /
"Despite the passage of time, our vision of Native Americans remains locked up within powerful stereotypes. That's why some images of Indians can be so unexpected and disorienting: What is Geronimo doing sitting in a Cadillac? Why is an Indian woman in beaded buckskin sitting under a salon...
Lawrence, Kan. :
University Press of Kansas,
- Introduction : expectation and anomaly
- Violence : the killings at Lightning Creek
- Representation : Indian wars, the movie
- Athletics : "I am of the body" : my grandfather, culture, and sports
- Technology : "I want to ride in Geronimo's Cadillac"
- Music : the hills are alive, with the sound of Indian
- Conclusion : the secret history of Indian modernity.