The origin and diversification of language /
|Format:||Conference Proceeding Book|
San Francisco, Calif. :
California Academy of Sciences : Distributed by the University of California Press,
|Series:||Wattis Symposium series in anthropology
Memoirs of the California Academy of Sciences (1988) ; no. 24.
Table of Contents:
- Animal communication and human language / Peter Marler
- The foundations of human language / Leslie C. Aiello
- Comparative aspects of human brain evolution : scaling, energy costs, and confounding variables / Robert D. Martin
- Organizations of semantic knowledge and the origin of words in the brain / Alex Martin
- Neanderthals, modern humans, and the archaeological evidence for language / Paul A. Mellars
- The evolution of the human language faculty / Steven Pinker
- The origin and dispersal of languages : linguistic evidence / Johanna Nichols
- The origins of world linguistic diversity : an archaeological perspective / Colin Renfrew.