The obligation toward the difficult whole : postmodernist long poems /
University of Alabama Press,
|Series:||Modern and contemporary poetics
Table of Contents:
- 1: The obligation toward the difficult whole
- Angels in America: James Merrill's The changing light at sandover
- Pop (up) figures: Melvin Tolson's Harlem Gallery and Edward Dorn's Gunslinger
- 4: Archaeologies of knowledge: Geoffrey Hill's Mercian hymns and Armand Schwerner's The tablets
- 5: How (not) to read a postmodernist long poem: John Ashbery's "The skaters"
- 6: Will the revolution be televised? Thomas McGrath's Letter to an imaginary friend and Bruce Andrew's "confidence trick"
- 7: The silent woman: Susan Howe's The Europe of trust
- Elements of postmodernist poetry.