The Political economy of North American Indians /
University of Oklahoma Press,
Table of Contents:
- Political economy in anthropology / John H. Moore
- The political economy of Lakota consciousnes / Thomas Biolsi
- Learning to labor : Native American education in the United States, 1880-1930 / Alice Littlefield
- Health patterns and economic underdevelopment on the Northern Cheyenne Reservation, 1910-1920 / Gregory R. Campbell
- Natives and the development of mercantile capitalism : a new look at "opposition" in the eighteenth century fur trade / Bruce Alden Cox
- Symbiosis, merger, and war : contrasting forms of intertribal relationship among historic Plains Indians / Patricia C. Albers
- Political economy of the buffalo hide trade : Race and class on the Plains / Alan M. Klein
- The quest for Indian development in Canada : contrasts and contradictions / J. S. Frideres
- autonomy and constraint : the household economy on a Southern Ontario reserve / Max J. Hedley
- Multinational corporate development in the American hinterland : the case of the Oklahoma Choctaws / Sandra Faiman-Silva
- How giveaways and pow-wows redistribute the means of subsistence / John H. Moore.
- (cont.) Native North Americans and the national question / George P. Castile.