Sociological self-images; a collective portrait.
Beverly Hills, Calif.,
Table of Contents:
- A life of synthesis, by G. C. Homans
- Reflections on my work, by W. F. Whyte
- Mind, methodology, and macrosociology, by I. L. Horowitz
- Intellectual journey, by L. Gross
- The sociologist as naturalist, by L. Rainwater
- Personal remarks on sociological research in the third world, by C. Moskos, Jr
- A natural history of one sociological career, by J. F. Short, Jr
- Social analysis and social action, by A. Etzioni
- From socialism to sociology, by S. M. Lipset
- Elements of a sociological self-image, by J. Berger
- Sociology as an idea system, by R. A. Nisbet
- Ego, energy, and the education of a sociologist, by R. W. Mack
- Teachers, students, and ideas: a personal account, by W. Bell.