Speeding up Shakespeare; studies of the bygone theatre and drama.
Table of Contents:
- Speeding up Shakespeare
- On the underrated genius of Dick Tarleton
- Some reflections on Shakespeare's dramaturgy
- Concerning To be or not to be
- The dedication of early English plays
- A quaint old playhouse trick
- The Elizabethan plotter
- Dekker's theatrical allusiveness and what it reveals
- Stage dummies
- The origin of bulls
- New facts from Sir Henry Herbert's office book
- Playwriting for love
- The folly of the gravedigger's waistcoats.