Foreign policy discourses of the Obama years /
Empirical case studies demonstrate how foreign policy actions depend on discourse in order to appear possible and to become plausible. This study of discourse is offered as a tool for assessing presidential administrations.
Lanham, Maryland :
Table of Contents:
- Politics, discourse, policy
- New president, new discourse, new policy?
- Troop increases in Afghanistan, troop withdrawal from Iraq: is it all about Middle Eastern policy?
- Osama bin Laden and the usefulness of an iconic adversary
- Under attack: Benghazi and the responses
- Speaking of Syria: how discourse can get away from an administration
- What it takes to intervene: changes from 2013 to 2014
- Conclusion: not so foreign, not so new.