Communication in healthcare settings : policy, participation, and new technologies /
"This book presents an international snapshot of communication in healthcare settings and examines how policies, procedures and technological developments influence day to day practice. Brings together a series of papers describing features of healthcare interaction in settings in Australasia,...
|Other Authors:||, ,|
Chichester, West Sussex :
|Series:||Sociology of health and illness monograph series.
- Beyond 'doctor and patient' : developments in the study of healthcare interactions / Alison Pilnick, Jon Hindmarsh and Virginia Teas Gill
- Dialling for donations : practices and actions in the telephone solicitation of human tissues / T. Elizabeth Weathersbee and Doug Maynard
- Managing medical advice seeking in calls to Child Health Line / Carly W. Butler [and others]
- Practitioners' accounts for treatment actions and recommendations in physiotherapy : when do they occur, how are they structured, what do they do? / Ruth Parry
- 'I've put weight on cos I've bin inactive, cos I've ad me knee done' : moral work in the obesity clinic / Helena Webb
- Progressivity and participation : children's management of parental assistance in paediatric chronic pain encounters / Ignasi Clemente
- Embedding instruction in practice : contingency and collaboration during surgical training
- Marcus Sanchez Svensson, Christian Heath and Paul Luff
- Creating history : documents and patient participation in nurse-patient interviews / Aled Jones
- Listening to what is said
- transcribing what is heard: the impact of Speech Recognition Technology (SRT) on Medical Transcription (MT) / Gary C. David [and others].