Favored flowers : culture and economy in a global system /
Cultural history of the flower trade in New York City and the transformation of the cut-flower industry into a global commodity system.
Duke University Press,
|Series:||E-Duke books scholarly collection.
Table of Contents:
- Tastes, traditions, and trade, 1870-1970
- Favored flowers : growers and traders, 1870-1970
- Fresh flowers : global flower growing, 1970-2005
- State and structure : floriculture in a global system
- Cultivating the global garden : local growers in a global system
- Specialty and abundance : middlemen in a changing system
- Risk and relationships : middlemen strategies
- Self and signs : flower consumers.