Children's rights, Eastern enlargement and the EU human rights regime /
This book critically examines how and why Eastern enlargement has impacted on the EU human rights policy. By drawing on the EU's intervention in human rights provision in Romania before 2007, it is demonstrated that the feedback effects of this intervention have led to the emergence of an EU ch...
Baltimore, Maryland :
New York [New York] : Distributed in the United States exclusively by Palgrave Macmillan 2014.
New York [New York] : Manchester University Press,
|Series:||European Policy Research Unit series.
Table of Contents:
- The European Union and human rights : historical outlook and analytical frameworks
- European Union accession conditionality and human rights in Romania
- Child protection in Romania and European Union accession
- Policy feedback effects
- Drivers of change, policy entrepreneurship and the institutionalization of children's rights
- European Union human rights regime: from Eastern enlargement to the Lisbon Treaty and beyond.