Perils of protection : shipwrecks, orphans, and children's rights /
An analysis of children's rights in literature.
University Press of Mississippi,
|Series:||Children's Literature Association series.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: familial fallacies
- Woman and children first: shipwreck, sentiment, property, and survival
- No child is an island: Robinsonades, islanding, and the right to roam
- Babies in boxes: finding and loving other people's children
- The prison house of comics censorship and participatory resistance
- THe price of protectionist pretense
- Conclusion: a last note on the nuclear family
- Works cited