Genre and performance: film and television /
Looking at contemporary film and television, this book explores how popular genres frame our understanding of on-screen performance. It brings together ground-breaking and inspiring work on this topic from both renowned and newer academics in the field. Previous studies of screen performance have te...
Baltimore, Maryland :
New York [New York] : Distributed in the United States exclusively by Palgrave Macmillan 2010.
New York [New York] : Manchester University Press,
Table of Contents:
- Film noir : gesture under pressure / Cynthia Baron
- Captured ghosts : horror acting in the 1970s British television drama / Richard J. Hand
- Docudrama performance : realism, recognition and representation / Jonathan Bignell
- Living stories : performance in the contemporary biopic / Dennis Bingham
- Borders and boundaries in Deadwood / Steven Peacock
- The Colbert Report : performing the news as parody for the postmodern viewer / Gwendolyn Audrey Foster
- Contemporary comedy performance in British sitcom / Brett Mills
- 2-D performance and the re-animated actor in science fiction cinema / Christine Cornea
- The multiple determinants of television acting / Roberta Pearson
- Bollywood blends : genre and performance in Shahrukh Khan's post-millennial films / Rayna Denison.