First Nights : Poems /
The Scottish poet Niall Campbell's first book, Moontide, won the Edwin Morgan Poetry Prize, the largest such prize in the United Kingdom, was named the Saltire Scottish First Book of the Year, and was shortlisted for both the Fenton Aldeburgh and Forward prizes for best first collection. First...
Princeton, New Jersey :
Princeton University Press,
|Series:||Princeton series of contemporary poets.
Table of Contents:
- Cover; Title; Copyright; Dedication; Contents; Acknowledgments; Song ; The Work ; On Eriskay ; After the Creel Fleet ; The Tear in the Sack ; Rodin Sculpts The Kiss ; Black Water
- The Cut The Winter Home ; "The Letter Always Arrives at Its Destination" ; Midnight ; The Blackbird Singer ; The Fraud ; Harvest
- Grez, Near Dusk The Water Carrier ; One Day, Too Hot, I Swam to the Middle of the Stream ; Lyrebird ; First Nights ; Exchange Street
- An Eel, A Singing Bird, A Silver Coin A Little Night Music ; The Well Found Dry ; Return, Isle of Eriskay ; When the Whales Beached
- Later Tasting Crossing ; For the Cold ; Fleece ; Dream ; Le Penseur ; February Morning ; Sea Coins, Scottish Beach