Colonial legacies : contemporary lens-based art and the Democratic Republic of Congo /
In 'Colonial Legacies', Gabriella Nugent examines a generation of contemporary artists born or based in the Congo whose lens-based art attends to the afterlives and mutations of Belgian colonialism in postcolonial Congo. Focusing on three artists and one artist collective, Nugent analyses...
Leuven University Press,
Table of Contents:
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 1. Mining Lubumbashi
- Chapter 2. The Maintenance of Mobutu's Zaire
- Chapter 3. The Image of Lumumba
- Chapter 4. From Kinshasa to the Moon
- Coda. Between History and individual histories
- Colour Plate Gallery.