Elasticity in healthcare communication : a cross-cultural perspective /
Elastic language is a phenomenon in linguistics that refers to how we stretch the meanings of words, depending on the context in which they are used - for example many, about 20, perhaps, could be. This study looks specifically at elastic language in the fields of medicine and healthcare, showing ho...
Cambridge University Press,
- Theoretical foundations
- Elastic language used in Chinese
- Elastic language used in English
- Comparison between Chinese and English regarding elastic language use
- Perceptions of and attitudes towards the use of elastic language in Chinese
- Perceptions of and attitudes towards the use of elastic language in English
- Comparison between Chinese and English regarding participants' feedback
- General Discussion
- Conclusions and implications.