The case for women in medieval culture /
"The Case for Women surveys extant writings formally defending women in the Middle Ages; breaks new ground by identifying a source for profeminine argument in biblical apocrypha; offers a series of explorations of the background and circulation of central arguments on behalf of women; and seeks...
Oxford : New York :
Clarendon Press ; Oxford University Press,
|Series:||ACLS Humanities E-Book.
Table of Contents:
- The formal case: the corpus
- The formal case: origins, procedures
- Honouring mothers
- Eve and the privileges of women
- The stable sex
- Exemplifying feminine stability
- Profeminine role models
- The formal case in Abelard, Chaucer, Christine de Pisan.