Core topics in general and emergency surgery /
Core Topics in General & Emergency Surgery meets the needs of surgeons in higher training and practising consultants for a contemporary and evidence-based account of this sub-specialty that is relevant to their general surgical practice. It is a practical reference source incorporating the most...
|Series:||Companion to specialist surgical practice.
Table of Contents:
- Evidence-based practice in surgery / Kathryn A. Rigby and Jonathan A. Michaels
- Outcomes and health economic issues in surgery / Sharath C.V. Paravastu and Jonathan A. Michaels
- Day case surgery / Paul Baskerville
- Abdominal hernias / Andrew C. de Beaux
- Organisation of emergency general surgical services and the early assessment and investigation of the acute abdomen / Simon Paterson-Brown
- Perforations of the upper gastrointestinal tract /Enders K.W. Ng
- Acute non-variceal upper gastrointestinal bleeding / Colin J. McKay and James Lau
- Pancreaticobiliary emergencies / Mark Duxbury
- Acute conditions of the small bowel and appendix / Peter Lamb
- Colonic emergencies / David E. Beck
- Anorectal emergencies / Felicity J. Creamer and B. James Mander
- Paediatric surgical emergencies / Dafydd A. Davies and Jacob C. Langer
- Abdominal trauma / Kenneth D. Boffard
- Venous thromboembolism : prevention, diagnosis and treatment / Rhona M. MaClean
- Patient assessment and surgical risk / Chris Deans
- Perioperative and intensive care management of the surgical patient / R. Michael Grounds and Andrew Rhodes
- Surgical nutrition / William G. Simpson and Steven D. Heys
- Abdominal sepsis and abdominal compartment syndrome / Emma Barrow and Iain D. Anderson
- Complications of bariatric surgery presenting to the general surgeon / Bruce R. Tulloh and Andrew C. de Beaux.