Electric-shock weapons, tasers and policing : myths and realities /
"Building on five years of research, and drawing on criminology, science and technology studies (STS), socio-legal studies and social psychology, this book is the first non-medical book written on electric-shock weapons, of which the best well known is the TASER brand. The police's ability...
Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY :
|Series:||Routledge studies in policing and society.
- Technologies, Tools and TASERs
- 'Better stunned than gunned'? Origin myths and mission creep
- A 'nicer' weapon? Projectile electric-shock weapons and public safety
- 'There's nothing bad I can say about TASER': TASER and officer safety
- 'There's no right or wrong': Laws, policies and training
- 'Just a tool': Revisiting human and non-human agency
- 'You cannot obtain accountability': Officer accountability for use of force