Cracking the common core : choosing and using texts in grades 6-12 /
"This book guides teachers in grades 6-12 to strategically combine a variety of texts--including literature, informational texts, and digital sources--to meet their content-area goals and the demands of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS). It presents clear-cut ways to analyze text complexit...
New York :
The Guilford Press,
Table of Contents:
- Embracing the Common Core
- 2. Understanding adolescent readers
- Understanding challenging texts
- Designing challenging text sets
- Building background knowledge
- Supporting students during reading
- Implementing high-quality discussions after reading
- Text-based writing to support understanding
- Research in the content areas
- Leading for change.