Enhancing instructional problem solving : an efficient system for assisting struggling learners /
This book presents a schoolwide model of instructional support designed to make the most of available time, resources, and personnel-- one that is also fully compatible with other problem-solving models, such as response to intervention. The authors provide a comprehensive and cohesive framework for...
New York :
|Series:||Guilford practical intervention in the schools series.
- Introduction to the systems-oriented plan for academic achievement
- SOPAA key definitions, history, components, and roles
- Preliminary considerations for SOPAA implementation
- Initial steps of the TAPS process: requests for academic support and preparation for the intervention planning meeting
- Secondary steps of the TAPS process: intervention planning, follow-ups, and summative reviews of interventions effectiveness
- Assessment for instruction
- Maximizing implementation through targeted professional development
- Maximizing intervention delivery through recruiting and raining school volunteers
- Obtaining support for the SOPAA through effective communication with school leaders
- Obtaining nd sustaining support for the SOPAA through effective communication with teachers
- Using the SOPAA with multidisciplinary co-facilitators
- Evidence-based and learner-verified intervention programs in reading, mathematics, and writing
- Case illustrations of SOPAA implementation
- USing the SOPAA to support graduate students' training and applied experiences in schools.
- Appendix A : summary of the SOPAA components and roles
- Appendix B : Preparation for SOPAA implementation (Part 1): schoolwide capacity assessment of relevant characteristics
- Appendix C : Preparation for SOPAA implementation (Part 2): TAPS support teacher self-Assessment of relevant characteristics and experiences.
- Appendix D : SOPAA implementation planning summary checklist
- Appendix E : Request for TAPS (Targeted Assistance Program for Students) form
- Appendix F : TAPS case tracking form
- Appendix G : TAPS intervention planning form (IPF) and record
- Appendix H : TAPS case rating scale
- Appendix I : Comments and suggestions related to completing the TAPS intervention planning form (IPF)
- Appendix J : Request for information from the TAPS Support Coordinator
- Appendix K : Intervention support options identified by the TAPS Support Coordinator.
- Appendix L : TAPS summative review of intervention effectiveness Form (SRF)
- Appendix M : Summary of TAPS activities and estimated time needed for the TAPS support teacher to complete each activity for a TAPS case
- Appendix N : Recommended professional development topics for the TAPS reading teacher
- Appendix O : Recommended professional development topics for the TAPS math Teacher
- Appendix P : Recommended professional development topics for the TAPS writing teacher
- Appendix Q : Yearly professional development planning guide
- Appendix R : Professional development documentation form.
- Appendix S : Teacher survey about the potential value and feasibility of the SOPAA and TAPS
- Appendix T : Follow up letter to distribute to teachers after the SOPAA introductory presentation
- Appendix U : Teacher end-of-the-year survey about the SOPAA and TAPS process.