Unshaved : resistance and revolution in women's body hair politics /
University of Washington Press,
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: revolting bodies or bodies in revolt?
- Part one. Revolting bodies
- Hairy subjects: imagining versus experiencing body hair rebellion
- Body hair battlegrounds: the consequences, reverberations, and promises of women growing their leg, pubic, and underarm hair
- Part two. Art and activism
- Hairy, not so scary: situating body hair zines and drawings as activism
- Expanding the body hair imaginary: photography as social intervention
- China's armpit hair contest: body hair resistance as global contagion
- Part three. Body hair rebels
- Growing a thicker skin: emotional qualities of body hair with women who openly defy body hair norms
- "The only opinion that matters is my own": the social regulation of women's body hair
- "In the revolution, we will all be hairy": smashing norms, reclaiming feminism, and redrawing the politics of body hair
- Epilogue: they are going to be mad at us.