Animal welfare : limping towards Eden : a practical approach to redressing the problem of our dominion over the animals /
There has been a recent explosion of active concern in matters of animal welfare. The science behind animal welfare has progressed significantly, new codes of practice and legislation have come into to being, and innovative methods to assess welfare schemes for food production have emerged. Part of...
Oxford, UK ; Ames, Iowa :
|Series:||UFAW animal welfare series.
- Introduction: Facts and values
- Challenge and response
- Sentience, sense, and suffering
- Husbandry and welfare on the farm : assessment and assurance
- Animals for food : industrialised farming, pigs, and poultry
- Animals for food : cattle and other ruminants
- Animals for food : handling, transport, and slaughter
- Animals, science, and biotechnology
- Animals for sport
- Animals for pets
- Limping towards Eden : stepping stones.