Paths to the future of higher education /
"The rapid change that higher education is undergoing is impacting all of the core mission elements: teaching and learning, research, service, and engagement with the external world (e.g., community engagement and health care delivery). Navigating this environment requires understanding of the...
|Other Authors:||, ,|
Charlotte, NC :
Information Age Publishing, Inc.,
|Series:||Education policy in practice.
- Preface / Brian Foster
- Introduction: Active learning is our future / Brian L. Foster and Steven W. Graham
- Churning forces in higher education : are nonprofits becoming more like for-profits? / Joe F. Donaldson and Steven W. Graham
- Promotion and tenure rituals : where they have taken us and where we are going / Brian L. Foster
- Barriers to research and scientific collaboration at universities / Therese Kennelly Okraku and Christopher McCarty
- Complexity, collaboration, and culture : interdisciplinary research addressing society's challenges / Karen E. Downing
- Archives, libraries, museums and scholarly publishing in an age of anxiety / Alex W. Barker
- Rapid ethnographic assessment in clinical settings / Heather Schacht Reisinger, John Fortney, and Greg Reger
- Motivators and influencers on graduate school enrollment for undergraduate students in the liberal arts and sciences / Alissa Ruth and Janae Landers
- Research at a crossroads : the need for intersectionality in higher education today / Jyl Wheaton-Abraham
- The problem with parity in participation : representation is both culture and practice / Monica D. Griffin
- When one teaches, two learn : the value of student collaborated research / Toni Copeland
- How personal experiences of teachers affect urban students in science education / Kristen Vogt Veggeberg
- Intended and unintended : transformative learning in a Tanzanian field program / David Kozak
- The future is now? Methodological approaches to understanding the implementation of technology-enhanced learning / Lauren Herckis
- Conclusion: Cultural and structural dynamics of active learning : pros and cons / Brian L. Foster and Joe F. Donaldson.