Oracle Database 10g performance tuning tips & techniques /
Database professionals typically spend 40 percent of their time on tuning. Approximately half of the material in this edition will be all-new. Previous edition has sold 10,000 copies.
New York :
|Series:||McGraw Hill professional.
- Oracle database 10g new features (DBA and Developer)
- Basic Index Principles (Beginner Developer and beginner DBA)
- Disk implementation Methodology and ASM (DBA)
- Tuning the database with initialization parameters (DBA)
- Enterprise manager and grid control (DBA and Developer)
- Using EXPLAIN and STORED OUTLINES (Developer and DBA)
- Basic hint syntax (Developer and DBA)
- Query tuning: developer and beginner DBA
- Table joins and other advanced tuning (Advanced DBA and Developer)
- Using PL/SQL to enhance performance (Developer and DBA)
- Tuning RAC and using parallel features
- The V$ views (Developer and DBA)
- The X$ tables (Advanced DBA)
- Using STATSPACK and the AWR report to tune waits and latches
- Performing a quick system review (DBA)
- Monitor the system using Unix utitlities (DBA).