Living in digital worlds : designing the digital public space /
"Living in Digital Worlds investigates the relationship between human society and technology, as our private and particularly our public lives are increasingly undertaken in spaces that are inherently digital: digital public spaces. The book unpicks why digital technology is such an inextricabl...
Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY :
Table of Contents:
- Half Title
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Table of Contents
- List of figures and tables
- List of case studies
- Section 1 How did we get here?
- 1 Defining the digital public space
- 2 Digital public space for the evolved mind
- Section 2 What are the attributes and effects of digital public space?
- 3 The physicality of digital public space
- 4 Inhabiting digital information space
- Section 3 What are the consequences of digital public space?
- 5 Transactions, payment and ownership
- 6 Challenges of the digital public space: privacy and security
- 7 Challenges of the digital public space: bias
- Section 4 How do we design digital futures?
- 8 Futures of digital public space
- 9 Design processes and management in digital public space