Presumptive design : design provocations for innovation /
Chapter 6 - Make Assumptions Explicit; Overview; Revealing Assumptions Isn't Easy; Discussing Solutions, not Assumptions; Released Product is No Place to Learn What Stakeholders Need; Nonsensical Artifacts Generate Useful Results; Good Assumptions are Hard to Find; Ass. U. Me-Implicit Assumptio...
Waltham, MA :
Morgan Kaufmann, an imprint of Elsevier,
- Cover; Title Page; Copyright Page; Dedication; Table of Contents; Foreword; Preface; Why We're Excited About Presumptive Design; Who Is This Book For?; How to Use This Book; Part 1: Context (the Why); Part 2: Principles and Risks (the What); Part 3: How-To Manual and Recipes (the How); Appendices; On a Personal Note; Acknowledgments; Part 1
- Context; Chapter 1
- Introducing Presumptive Design; Overview; This Book's Value Proposition; A Twist to the Familiar; Agile Culture; Participatory; A High-Wire Act; Rapid Prototyping; The Five Principles of Presumptive Design; Design to Fail.
- Create, Discover, AnalyzeCreate; Discover; Analyze; Make Assumptions Explicit; Iterate, Iterate, Iterate; The Faster You Go, the Sooner You'll Know; Have Fun!; So, Why Bother?; Chapter 2
- PrD and Design Thinking; Overview; Design Thinking; A Brief Review of Design Thinking Models; The IIT School of Thought; Charles Owen; Vijay Kumar/Steve Sato Model; Bill Buxton and Paul Laseau's Models; The UK Design Council Double Diamond Diagram; PrD and Sato's Design Thinking Model; How PrD Accelerates Learning; How PrD Differs from Traditional UCD; The Traditional (Waterfall) UCD Cycle.
- The PrD (Agile) ApproachSummary; Chapter 3
- PrD and an Agile Way of Business; Overview; The Changing Nature of Business Strategy; An Agile Notion of Strategy; Knowledge and Decision Frameworks; Snowden's Cynefin Framework; PrD in the Context of Unknowns ; Disruptive Innovation and PrD; Disruptive Innovation; Increasing the Value of Ideas in the Innovation Funnel; A Hypothetical Example; PrD in a Culture of Agility; A Culture of Agility; PrD, Design Thinking, and Business Value; Summary; Part 2
- Principles and Risks; Chapter 4
- Design to Fail; Overview.
- We're Going to Fail-It's a Question of When and by How MuchDesigning the Right Thing; There's Nothing Wrong About Being Wrong; We Seek Intelligent Failures; Risk Factors; Conclusion; Summary; Chapter 5
- Create, Discover, Analyze; Overview; Begin at the End; The Artifact Provokes Discovery; Analyze What They Mean, Not Just What We Heard; Taking the Low Road; High-Fidelity Artifacts Look and Feel Like Finished Products; Low-Fidelity Artifacts Cost Less; Risk Factors; Effort; Reality, Timidity, and Incrementalism; Missing the Point; Focusing on the Small; Hiding in Plain Sight; Diminished Value.