C# 6.0 and the .NET 4.6 framework /
This new 7th edition of Pro C# 6.0 and the .NET 4.6 Platform has been completely revised and rewritten to reflect the latest changes to the C# language specification and new advances in the .NET Framework. You'll find new chapters covering all the important new features that make .NET 4.6 the m...
[Berkeley, CA] :
Table of Contents:
- At a Glance; Contents; About the Authors; About the Technical Reviewer; Acknowledgments; Introduction; Part I: Introducing C# and the .NET Platform ; Chapter 1: The Philosophy of .NET; An Initial Look at the .NET Platform; Some Key Benefits of the .NET Platform; Introducing the Building Blocks of the .NET Platform (the CLR, CTS, and CLS); The Role of the Base Class Libraries; What C# Brings to the Table; Managed vs. Unmanaged Code; Additional .NET-Aware Programming Languages; Life in a Multilanguage World; An Overview of .NET Assemblies.
- The Role of the Common Intermediate Language Benefits of CIL; Compiling CIL to Platform-Specific Instructions; The Role of .NET Type Metadata; The Role of the Assembly Manifest; Understanding the Common Type System; CTS Class Types; CTS Interface Types; CTS Structure Types; CTS Enumeration Types; CTS Delegate Types; CTS Type Members; Intrinsic CTS Data Types; Understanding the Common Language Specification; Ensuring CLS Compliance; Understanding the Common Language Runtime; The Assembly/Namespace/Type Distinction; The Role of the Microsoft Root Namespace.
- Accessing a Namespace Programmatically Referencing External Assemblies; Exploring an Assembly Using ildasm.exe; Viewing CIL Code; Viewing Type Metadata; Viewing Assembly Metadata (aka the Manifest); The Platform-Independent Nature of .NET; The Mono Project; Microsoft .NET Core; Summary; Chapter 2: Building C# Applications; Building C# Applications on the Windows OS; The Visual Studio Express Family of IDEs; A Brief Overview of Express for Windows Desktop; The New Project Dialog Box and C# Code Editor; Running and Debugging your Project; The Solution Explorer; The Object Browser.
- Referencing Additional AssembliesViewing Project Properties; A Brief Overview of Express for Web; The Visual Studio Community Edition IDE; The Visual Class Designer; The Visual Studio 2015 Professional IDE; The .NET Framework Documentation System; Building .NET Applications Beyond the Windows OS; The Role of Xamarin Studio ; Summary; Part II: Core C# Programming ; Chapter 3: Core C# Programming Constructs, Part I; The Anatomy of a Simple C# Program; Variations on the Main() Method; Specifying an Application Error Code; Processing Command-Line Arguments.
- Specifying Command-Line Arguments with Visual Studio An Interesting Aside: Some Additional Members of the System. Environment Class; The System. Console Class; Basic Input and Output with the Console Class; Formatting Console Output; Formatting Numerical Data; Formatting Numerical Data Beyond Console Applications; System Data Types and Corresponding C# Keywords; Variable Declaration and Initialization; Intrinsic Data Types and the new Operator; The Data Type Class Hierarchy; Members of Numerical Data Types; Members of System. Boolean; Members of System. Char.