Sustainability in the design, synthesis and analysis of chemical engineering processes /
Sustainability in the Design, Synthesis and Analysis of Chemical Engineering Processes is an edited collection of contributions from leaders in their field. It takes a holistic view of sustainability in chemical and process engineering design, and incorporates economic analysis and human dimensions....
Kidlington, Oxford, UK :
Butterworth-Heinemann is an imprint of Elsevier,
- Intro; Title page; Table of Contents; Copyright; Dedication; About the Authors; Acknowledgment; Foreword; Preface; Chapter One. Towards More Sustainable Chemical Engineering Processes: Integrating Sustainable and Green Chemistry Into the Engineering Design Process; Chapter Two. Separations Versus Sustainability: There Is No Such Thing As a Free Lunch; Chapter Three. Conceptual Chemical Process Design for Sustainability; Chapter Four. Process Integration for Sustainable Design; Chapter Five. Modeling and Advanced Control for Sustainable Process Systems.
- Chapter Six. Sustainable Engineering Economic and Profitability AnalysisChapter Seven. Managing Conflicts Among Decision Makers in Multiobjective Design and Operations; Chapter Eight. Sustainable System Dynamics: A Complex Network Analysis; Chapter Nine. Process Synthesis by the P-Graph Framework Involving Sustainability; Chapter Ten. Sustainability Assessment and Performance Improvement of Electroplating Process Systems; Chapter Eleven. Strategic Sustainable Assessment of Retrofit Design for Process Performance Evaluation.
- Chapter Twelve. Chemical Engineering and Biogeochemical Cycles: A Techno-Ecological Approach to Industry SustainabilityChapter Thirteen. Challenges for Model-Based Life Cycle Inventories and Impact Assessment in Early to Basic Process Design Stages; Chapter Fourteen. Life Cycle Sustainability Assessment: A Holistic Evaluation of Social, Economic, and Environmental Impacts; Chapter Fifteen. Embedding Sustainability in Product and Process Development-The Role of Process Systems Engineers; Index; Underpinnings of Green Chemistry; The Principles and Implications.
- Problems With Chemicals and Reaction SpacesThinking About What More Sustainable Chemistry and Chemical Manufacturing Might Look Like; Tying It All Together; The Separations Dilemma and Imperative; Methods of Analysis; Separation Alternatives; Examples; Concluding Thoughts; Conceptual Chemical Process Design; Sustainability Approach for Chemical Processes; Example: Chlor-Alkali Production with Human Toxicity Potential Analysis; Discussion; Conclusions; Introduction; Mass Integration; Property Integration; Energy Integration; Multiscale Approaches; Conclusions.
- Introduction to Sustainable Process SystemsProposed Approach: Modeling, Advanced Control, and Sustainability Assessment; Case Study: Fermentation for Bioethanol Production System; Sustainability Assessment and Process Control; Conclusions and Future Directions; Nomenclature; Introduction; Economic Sustainability Analysis; Environmental Sustainability Analysis; Social Sustainability Analysis; Evaluation of Design Alternatives by Considering Various Sustainability Measures; Example: Bioethanol Process; Concluding Remarks; Nomenclature; Introduction; Approach; Illustrative Examples; Conclusions.