Human capital management challenges in India /
Human Capital Management Challenges in India focuses on the Indian talent pool and identifies why companies are finding it difficult to identify, recruit, reward and retain talent. It provides an insight as to why companies find it difficult to retain talent by questioning certain fundamental assump...
Oxford, UK :
|Series:||Chandos Asian studies series.
Table of Contents:
- Cover; Human Capital Management Challenges in India; Copyright; Contents; List of Figures; List of useful websites; Foreword; About the author; 1Introduction; The changing nature of human capital; 2The fundamental shift; Land of a billion opportunities; Employability; Challenges; 3Is it strategic?; Employees are not your assets; Work-life balance; Engagement; The connected talent; 4Practical HR; Whose agenda is it?; Ill-equipped or unprepared?; Why should it be everyone's agenda?; Earn respect; 5Introduction to practical HR; Practical HR; Value addition and value protection.
- Outsource or retainStress and 'toxic' behaviours; Three-dimensional approach to measurement; Train, retrain, retain; A new breed; 6Strategies to manage talent; ERM
- employee relationship management; Knowledge mapping; Talent benchmarking; The three Rs
- recognition, retention and reward; 7Talent pool; Generation X; Generation Y; 8Conclusion; Appendix; The concept of value; Knowledge management
- a case study; Self-questionnaire; References; Web References; Index.