Microsoft ADO.NET entity framework step by step /
Provides code examples and information on creating and maintaining applications for .NET developers.
Redmond, Washington :
|Series:||Developer step by step.
Table of Contents:
- Chapters at a glance; Contents; Introduction; Part I: Introducing the Entity Framework; Chapter 1: Getting to know the Entity Framework; Defining an entity; Understanding the Entity Framework elements; Considering the conceptual model; Considering the storage model; Considering the model mappings; Introducing the Entity Framework files; Viewing the Conceptual Schema Definition Language file; Viewing the Store Schema Definition Language file; Viewing the Mapping Specification Language file; Developing a simple Entity Framework example; Starting the Entity Data Model Wizard.
- Using the Entity Data Model DesignerWorking with the mapping details; Using the resulting framework to display data; Getting started with the Entity Framework; Chapter 1 quick reference; Chapter 2: Looking more closely at queries; Defining a basic query; Creating the model; Working with enumerations; Obtaining an application data source; Creating the test application; Running the basic query; Creating specific queries; Using literals; Using operators, properties, and methods; Combining and summarizing data; Grouping data; Getting started with the Entity Framework; Chapter 2 quick reference.
- Chapter 3: Choosing a workflowUnderstanding the code-first workflow; Understanding the model-first workflow; Understanding the database-first workflow; Defining the workflow choices; Creating a code-first example; Creating a project; Defining the initial classes; Adding Entity Framework 5 support; Creating a code-first context; Adding a record; Viewing the results; Creating a model-first example; Defining the database model; Adding a record and viewing the results; Creating a database-first example; Reverse engineering the database model; Adding a record and comparing results.
- Getting started with the Entity FrameworkChapter 3 quick reference; Part II: Completing basic tasks; Chapter 4: Generating and using objects; Understanding the Entity objects; Considering object services; Considering the base classes; Working with an EntityCollection; Understanding the role of Entity SQL; Making queries using objects; Considering the role of lambda expressions; Creating a basic query using Entity SQL; Creating a basic query using LINQ; Modifying data using objects; Adding the forms; Adding purchases; Updating purchases; Deleting purchases; Working with Query Builder methods.
- Getting started with the Entity FrameworkChapter 4 quick reference; Chapter 5: Performing essential tasks; Defining the essential tasks; Viewing the data; Saving changes; Inserting new values; Deleting old values; Creating a master/detail form; Creating the data source; Configuring the data source; Adding and configuring the controls; Testing the result; Getting started with the Entity Framework; Chapter 5 quick reference; Part III: Manipulating data using the Entity Framework; Chapter 6: Manipulating data using LINQ; Introducing LINQ to Entities; Considering the LINQ to Entities provider.